Monday, January 31, 2011

The Hare and Tortise

Add another winner to the list! Since we walk most everywhere, and usually aren't specifically heading out for food, we have been systematically making lists of places we that look good and where we want to try someday. We had probably walked past this place 20 times, its on the way from our flat to High Street Kensington, but I had forgotten all about it. So when we started stratching our heads about where to eat tonight Kristen pulled this one out of the way-back file.


Good thing for sure because it was outstanding. (oh and my favorite part....awesome heating!! Nothing worse than having to wear a coat and hat to eat your dinner) While we were waiting for a table we got to watch the juicer mix up some foamy carrot drink that perked my attention, but didn't end up going that route, maybe the more adverturous of you can give it a whirl. From my perspective I would say it was like a mix between pei wei, a sushi place, and the cheap family chinese resturant where you order by number. (I'll take a R3 and an F11, you know the one) Food was excellent, and from a London perspective cheap. Don't think that means cheap, just less than everywhere else.


I guess we have never mentioned this, but food in resturants is outrageous here. Its strange because at the grocery store, I always feel like things are for the most part cheaper than the US, and there are always crazy deals for like half off or 3 for 2 or something. On top of that the fruit and vegatables are awesome! We don't eat as much as we should but in general they taste way better than the in the U.S. Not sure where they are grown, but its probably better I don't know anyway. If you can get over the prospects of buying from what may appear to be a less reputible establishment, i.e. randon convenience store or street market, the deals are even better. Sorry a little bit of a rant there!


Anyway, so we are getting ready to eat and Kristen says, I want to order everything, of course just jokingly. Shortly there after these 3 asian women sit down next to us, and I swear they did order everything on the menu. Let me try to recap from memory, remember 3 women:


Edemame
Eel Sushi Role
Potstickers
Giant bowl of Ramen
Eel and rice bowl
Shrimp Tempura
Noodle bowl (same as mine)
Tea and saki


Not sure where they were putting it all, but had put in a big dent by the time we left. I can only imagine that they finished it all off after we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment