Sunday, March 11, 2012

Heaven/Hell


We went out and about today to pick up a few things for the new flat, and explore a little bit.  For some reason it didn’t have any pans, so trying to cook eggs in a pot has proved a bit difficult.  Also we can’t seem to find a place to put all of our stuff so we we’re looking for a few storage containers.  We stumbled across this outdoor market.


I would have usually been really excited, and spent all of my lunch money on candy.  Funny how a month ago this would have been my heaven, but now it was a yeast filled hell.  Still, just checking out the good stuff was fun.  I will admit that I had a few samples as we went around, but that was just to try to make the stall owners not feel self conscious and embarrassed.



The pie meister is supposed to be really good.  Not sure I can get my mind around the whole meat sitting out all day thing.  Anyway will have to wait for another day.


Not to be outdone by the cookies and pie's this guy was sitting nearby with what was apparently his pet parrot.  The cafe was roped off, as you can see, and all along the rope everyone was pointing and staring.  I felt a bit bad about taking his picture, but when you are weird enough to take your parrot out for coffee, you gotta know people are going to be pointing and staring.

Somehow we ended up not finding what we were looking for, and ended up buying more stuff with no place to put it.  Kristen bought a giant owl to put in the garden in Tulsa.  He looks kinda good in front of the fireplace here though.  


No comments:

Post a Comment