Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bread

I guess its the little things that you take for granted when you do not have any dietary restrictions. I on the other hand am very aware of the little things. I found myself standing in the bakery at Tesco today just staring at the bread. Longingly dreaming about a slice of white, or loaf of French. I wasn't even near the donuts, and cookies, and cakes. I felt a bit like someone trying to quit smoking who had gotten a wiff of second hand smoke and was loving it. Just kinda stood there and breathed in the bready goodness. Pretty sad when you think about it...in my world Bread is a treat!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh please, I'd be perfectly happy eating a good piece of Italian bread with some butter for dinner! But I think I eat too much bread,my growing stomach doesn't lie. But you are a rail,so you can afford it. Just wait until you hit those older years and metabolism slows down. Not pretty. But if you keep cycling,you should be ok.
    We are very alike in the bread loving area. There's on place go to called Iavorone's and I practically drool at all the freshly baked breads they have,but mainly the Italian loaves. I especially love it when the bottom is a little burned or well done,..that smell and taste is heavenly to me! If you come visit, I take you guys there.

    Linkage= http://www.ibfoods.com/store/index.asp?DEPARTMENT_ID=83

    ReplyDelete