Sunday, March 25, 2012

Camden Market

Kristen and I went cross town today to visit Camden Market.  Its strange here how all of the 'markets' here are never what you expect. It always seems that they are far too fancy for my taste, or far too cheap and trashy.  This ended up being both strangely enough.  I would recommend it though, as it is pretty amazing just how big it was.  I guess its made up of five or six different markets that have morphed into one huge market.

I bet that if you looked hard enough you you could find anything you ever wanted (except for cars maybe) in the market somewhere.  As I said before the market had both extremes.  Stall after stall of trashy t-shirts, and generally just crap, to antiques and vintage clothes that had somehow seemed to increase in price from when they were originally purchased.  It also comes as no surprise that my favorite part of the market was the food.  Unfortunately we ate on out way there so really wasn't hungry (rookie mistake) but could have just eaten my way through the entire market.

They say the market is like the top 5 of visitors attractions in London, I am a bit suspect of that, but there sure were a ton of people there.  Seemed like half of the stores were weird goth clothes, and I have a hard time 
believing that you can sell enough pairs of plastic pants, or leather trench coats to make a living, but maybe I am wrong.  Probably worth an afternoon of your time if you get bored, but I wouldn't put it up toward the top of the list.










1 comment:

  1. Cool place!!!!!!!! i just cant stop myself being their. And now I decided sooner I will going to visit their.

    ReplyDelete