Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Paris Day Three!!

Up bright and early this morning, they say that if you get to the Eiffel tower early you beat the rush. In an attempt to cut some time we popped into the store and got breakfast treats to go. Now this is important for later...we didn't ask for a half dozen liege waffles and 8 apple donuts, they just came that way, and we were off. Not alot of tourists out this early...


Made it to the tower about 9:45 which we thought would have been early enough to avoid the rush. but we were wrong. Probably 300 people in line at each of the corners of the tower. The first elevator takes you to the second floor 128 metres up. At this point I was a little weary of going to the top. Kristen made fun of me with some off color comments about my manhood so I sucked it up. I can really only say it was high and amazing. 276 metres from the top.










At the top of this island is the original statue of liberty. Made it back down to the lowest level around noon and Kristen was hungry so she grabbed a sandwich and some frites. Here is where the day kinda took a turn for the worst. Not proud of it but it was kinda a freakshow from this point on. Instead of a sandwich I finished off the donuts and waffles. Kirsten had only had two donuts so that was half a dozen of each for me. Not sure why it happens I think after the first couple I am so ashamed, I try to eat the rest of the evidence. Oh and I finished off her sandwich and frites. Jumped on a tour bus and checked out some of the seedier parts of the city. Kristen wouldn't let me get off the bus and explore the sights.


Our last attraction for the trip was the Champs and the Arc de Triomphe. the champs kinda reminded me of Vegas, except for the hotels. Lots of fancy high end stores, the mega store or two, lots of people and tons of sidewalk cafes.

Not sure how I was still hungry but macaroons looked too good to pass up so we took a break and tried them out. I would personally take an EL Fudge over them but they were still good.

On to the Arc. We had been walking all day and passed on the 284 stairs to the top. But checked it out from the ground. Pretty impressive, and strange to think this is the middle of a roundabout.




My travel tip is to head down the side streets or a block off of the touristy roads to find the best food and best deals. We stumbled across a little Italian place, that rocked my world. As good as I thought french food was for the last two days the Italian food was even better. So salad, pasta, finished Kristen's pizza, my dessert and most of Kristen's dessert.



Kristen was concerned about how much I had eaten, I told her I was eating for two. My stomach was a person of its own, and I named him pickles. Pickles and I weren't feeling too good, but when we walked past the crape stand in the park on the way home I was suduced by the smell. Didn't know where I was going to put it, it was going to be a struggle for sure, I figured it was a Parisian speciality so nutella and a crepe it was for desert #4. Me excited...
Pickles not so excited...

A quick run down of my caloric intake for the day... 6 Waffles 1200 6 Apple Donuts 1400 Half a Cheese sandwich and frites 500 Macaroons 200 Super Italian Salad (and the meat from Kristen's) 400 Pasta Trio 900 Caramel Cream 400 Half of Kristen's Apple tart 200 Nutella Crepe 600 So that is a grand total of........................5,800 calories, and at least 4 deserts. Did I mention that I shame ate most of the candy from yesterday, after we got home last night. No, well yeah that happened. So that is it..... We are heading back to London in the morning, and for me the real world. We have just shy of a thousand pics from the last couple of days. Remind us when we see you next and we can share them all. Parting shots....


No comments:

Post a Comment