Monday, April 18, 2011

Dutch Festival, London Marathon, and Movies

Dutch Clogs
There was a Dutch Festival in Traflagar Square this weekend. There was lots of orange, so it felt like an OSU tailgate, with different food.  I met some dutch people and asked them what food I should try, they suggested some fried meat thing in a bun, but I opted for pancakes and fries. They were yummy. I even tried the fries with mayo. Not to bad, but I think I will stay with ketchup. I brought home some small stroopwaffels, but we haven't tried them yet. There was also a cheese station too, but it was so popular I didn't get to it.
Poffertjes - minature pancakes with powdered sugar and chocolate syrup


Tulips

Stoopwaffel
Dutch Fries with Mayo

More Tulips

Dancing Tulips

Double Dutch

Of course I had to bring home some tulips.
We also went to see the London Marathon on Sunday. It was CRAZY. I am rethinking our Royal Wedding adeventure in a few weeks. We have been going to the movies a lot, because we got an unlimited movie card. The past two weekends we have seen, Limitless, Source Code, The Eagle and Scream 4.
London Marathon. I think the flags are more for the Royal Wedding in a few weeks.

Bob was amused by the kids in balls on water.

It was pretty funny watching them fall down
 Hope everyone had  a great weekend. We have several vistors coming for a total of 20 days in May and we will be in OK for a visit in June. We can't wait to see everyone.


2 comments: