Saturday, February 19, 2011

UCI Track World Cup

Long day today......we took a road er' rail trip to Manchester to see the last round of the Track World Cup, and it was just awesome. Unfortunately I have some weird virus and have lost most of my voice, and it feels like my right eye is going to pop out of my head, but other than that awesome.


The two biggest things that stood out during the day had to be the track and the riders. If you have never seen a velodrome I don't think there is anyway to truly understand just how steep it is. I caught myself just staring at it mouth open and drooling when we first walked in. I give everyone who was out there credit, gotta take some stones to ride around that thing. Secondly the riders are just huge!! The majority of the racing today was just sprints, and everyone women included looked like they could squat a car. Most of the guys couldn't even walk right due to their massive legs getting in the way. If anyone asks I never said that! I am going to skip my description of most of it and just let the pictures speak for themselves.

Cameo by Bradley Wiggans, he didn't race but rode the trainer for
like two hours.  Seemed like he was watching a movie on
his ipad the whole time.
The goings on in the infield
Sir Chris Hoy, pretty sure he had just eaten someone's child!



Got to get a mirrored wind shield, just looks
awesome



Think its hilarious that the guy who drives the derney, is
 wearing cycling shorts

Its fifth grade humor I know, but you would think they could find a better
 way to hold bikes up
And again, still funny

Still doesn't do the banking justice



There were only 3 or 4 Americans in the fields so there wasn't much to cheer about, not that I could have if I wanted to. I will give it to the British though, it was pretty cool when one of their own would ride, the cheers just followed the riders around the track.
Sarah Hammer winning the flying lap
Bobby Lea getting hammered in the pursuit

P.S. be sure to thank Kristen for letting use her camera otherwise you would have just seen blurs.

This was just weird, it was inside of the building
Literally took 100 awesome pictures with this
railing ruining every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment