Thursday, February 24, 2011

Totem

As an early Valentine's Day date we went to see the Cirque show Totem at Royal Albert Hall.  You weren't supposed to take pictures at the place, but with my new found knowledge of camera settings and Bob's incognito photography skills we took some pictures.
 
Ceiling. Originally I thought these were for the show.
Turns out they are actually acoustic diffusing discs. Who knew?

View of the inside.

Stage


Outside Royal Albert Hall.

My favourite act was the Asian's on Unicycles with Bowls.  They used one foot to balance on their unicyles while the other foot flipped a bowl onto their head. Impressive. There four of them and by the end they were flipping the bowls onto each others head.

There was also a couple on roller skates that spun around on a circular platform. I kept thinking they were going to fall off.  There was a trapeze act, Native American dancers and a bunch more acts.  Apparently though we missed out on the Russian flyer group, they were in the program but didn't perform. Bob was sad. Based on the pictures in the book,  he said they were his favorite performance.

I heard a Cirque show is coming to Tulsa. Is anyone going? Bob and I are sad we are going to miss it. During the last Cirque show in Tulsa, Bob's friend was chosen to be part of the show. It was great entertainment, but I felt his pain. I once had to shake a ridiculous bell during a show and I apparently couldn't do it correctly. They keep pointing at you until you do what they want. Note to self never sit near the aisle. This was right before Bob and I got engaged. I am pretty sure my performance won him over and that is why he proposed.  Hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day.

Valentine's Day Goodies. The cookie cake was yummy.
The brown (carmel) icing was ugly but it tasted so good.

Valentine's Day Card from Bob. I love owls!


2 comments: