Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Nutella anyone?

When we moved over here we bought some chicken thing wrapped in puff pastry and I just thought it was amazing. Not sure why we never had bought/made it before but it was a new discovery for us. Since then Kristen has been whipping up things that at least I think are great. I am now a puff pastry freak, to the point where I eat it by itself. I know wierd! Anyway, in a grand vision of what could be simply majical, Kristen took two of my favorites, puff pastry and Nutella and mixed them together.


Not super complex, but oh so amazing.


With Kristen as my inspiration I decided to get my hands dirty tonight and make some treats of my own. Just puff pastry, nutella, and strawberry jam, but results are anything but ordinary. Ended up making turnovers (not that it was my goal to begin with) and tarts. Just 20 minutes in the oven at 400 and voila!!


P.S. your filling will expand when cooked, so you may overflow if you are not carefull. Also be sure you wait till everything cools down, alot. Molten Nutella is like lava, believe me I know!!


Enjoy








2 comments: