Thursday, May 24, 2012

Heat Wave!!


Break out your shorts!!!!!  I think this is the hottest its been since we have been here.  Temperature reached 78 today, and is forecasted to get to 82 tomorrow. I know most will think that is pretty cool, but without AC in most houses, and based on my trip home trains too, its pretty uncomfortable.  Add to that being crammed into a tube with zero ventilation and a couple hundred other people, and you have got yourself a downright horrible situation.  I guess I shouldn't complain though, it could be worse.  I could have been one of the 800 lucky people who got suck on the Jubilee line last night for something like 2 hours.  I guess they gave out £40 vouchers after making everyone walk through the tunnel like a mile to the closest station.  I wonder how they came up with that math.  Probably went like this...

2 hours X 90 degrees X 799 people smashed against you X 1 mile walk in the dark / please don't sue =£40

 Its funny how fast the people here make the switch from cool weather to full on summer.  If you would have walked around on Monday there would have been people walking around in winter coats and now its tank tops (they call them vests) and sun dresses.  Thinking about it I guess it makes sense that if you only get 20 days a year like this you gotta make the most of them, but I am still amazed how many people look like they live at the beach.

Speaking of the beach Kristen took Deb and Rocky to Brighton today.  I don't think the AC was on at work so I bet we had just about the same weather, but their scenery was better I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment