Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Complete mindblower

After a dramatic failure on my part to cook eggplant parmesan, and then an equally dramatic failure at a London 'Italian' restaurant Kristen took pity on me and brought out the apron and proved homemade Italian is really the best.

It really wasn't a surprise that my attempt failed, seriously what was I even doing pretending that it was going to be anything but bad.  But when I ordered it at a restaurant here it wasn't even breaded.  I almost told the waiter that he had brought me the wrong meal, but since his accent said Australian or Kiwi, I figured he wouldn't know the difference anyway.

So Kristen's version was just awesome.

 I could have eaten it every meal for a week, but despite my hopes and dreams it didn't last that long.  The whole reason I brought it up, was that while shopping for it Kristen tells me that the main cheese isn't parmesan at all but mozzarella.  I didn't believe her until 1) she showed me the recipe on-line, and 2) she put it in front of me for dinner.  Really explains why mine was soo bad!!

Either way, it was great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment