Thursday, April 5, 2012

Yeastful


Well let's be honest this probably lasted a lot longer than any of you really expected.  As of today I am no longer yeast free.  I would rate my experience just above kick to the crotch and just below accidentally biting your lip.

It had its novel moments and I am sure that I was about as healthy as I could be, but the whole thing just wasn't worth the trouble.  Endlessly reading labels and trying to decide between hummus and imitation chicken substitute can make it really feel like a chore.

All of this though was just little pebbles in the rocky road that is a yeast free diet.  In reality I bet it the same for just about any restricted diet, but since this was my only experience I have to but the blame solely on yeast.  The big problem occurs when you accidently, or hell even on purpose, eat something with yeast in it.  A sandwich and you just feel tired, pasta and breadsticks fat and sleepy, 4 beers and a pizza , now you are talking stomachocoplyse.

I would say that 95% of the time I felt better than normal, but the other 5% I felt 95% worse than normal, so not quite sure it was worth it.  It does offer anyone willing to try the diet a nice going away present though.  When you do decide to get back on the yeasty wagon you are greeted with a close to 20lb weight loss in just a few days.  Now that also comes with debilitating stomach pains, and the inabilty to stand upright for more than 5 minutes at a time, so I guess you have to weigh your options a bit.


Kristen has moved on from yeast free to vegan, but I really think its just her excuse to not cook me dinner.  I have moved on from yeast free to the IFOCE



1 comment:

  1. This one made me laugh! Kristen, I hope vegan is a bit easier!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete