Sunday, April 22, 2012

Keukenhof Gardens in Amsterdam




While Bob was sick in the hotel room, I was off visiting the Keukenhof Gardens, which is apparently the most photographed place in the world.




Keukenhof Gardens are only open for 8 weeks every year, so we I was lucky to be in the area during the 2012 season.


The flowers were beautiful. I can only imagine what it will be like in mid-April, when the flowers are in full bloom.



I loved the flowers so much, I decided I needed to have them at my house, so I shipped some bulbs to the USA.  They won't arrive until October 2012, so hopefully I will be back to plant them.









2 comments:

  1. HI,

    the picture are really beautiful. When did you visit the garden? Is the weather freezing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went around the end of March. It was cold in the morning, but it warmed up in the afternoon.

      Delete