Sunday, April 15, 2012

Fruit and Veg


I know I have talked to some people about the quality of fruit and vegetables here in London vs. the US.  I really don't know why its the case, but the grocery stores here have such good quality and variety compared to what we are used to.  More than that, generally its much cheaper too.  

Close to our old flat was what I would have called a farmers market, but in all reality there is no way that all of this stuff is grown locally so I will just call it a fruit and vegetable market.  Stall after stall of pretty much anything you can think of.  Everything just sits out in big bowls and each and every one costs £1.  (like $1.50).

So here was our haul today.  Six of the biggest potatos ever, 4 oranges, 12 bananas, 4 avocados, a big bunch of grapes, 2 heads of broccoli, and 3 eggplants.  Only set us back £8 ($12), crazy cheap.  

No comments:

Post a Comment