Saturday, August 27, 2011

Change of Plans




This time yesterday we were packing our bags planning on going to New York City for Kristen's grandfathers 90th birthday. Sssshhh it was a surprise. Happy birthday Ed!! Anyway a bit of a travel disruption has rolled up the east coast and put a damper (pun intended) on our plans. No thanks to the 'customer service' of british airways, we changed directions and made our way to the heart of Europe. Since my sister is in Warsaw and we were suddenly sans vacation destination, viola Poland. So now we sit here drinking polish beer and eating perogies.
Our last trip was on british airways and while I didn't give them the credit at the time, I am longing for them now. We flew Wizzair out of London Luton. Wizzair is a bit like a poor mans southwest airlines. Yeah hard to imagine. And Luton reminds me a lot of Northwest Arkansas Regional. Think of NWA with a city of 7 million within 40 miles, and the same facilities. Its the kinda airline and airport that Cousin Eddy would love. So long story short spring for the extra $$$ and get the 'extra legroom' seats. I would just call them the 'legroom' seats. I can't feel my legs and back is killing me.

Its 90 here, wearing shorts for only the third time this year, other than when we were home visiting.


Hampton is putting on a show again. Had made a hit on the internet before we even left the country. She is gonna have her own TV show soon.


1 comment:

  1. Oh you poor guy with the seating!I'm uncomfortable just looking at that cramped-ness. Your knees are practically in your face. Seriously, how could they make the seats like that, are they expecting dwarfs on every flight? That even looks like it would be uncomfortable for my 5'2" frame.

    Val

    ReplyDelete