Thursday, July 21, 2011

Racing Update

To be honest not alot to report about what has been going on on the bicycle for me. No great highlights from racing, but some interesting things have happened since we last talked.

Tuesday nights now are crits at Crystal Palace. We race on part of the old motor racing circuit (Gran Prix and Formula 2) from all the way back to the '30s. They even had races there a couple of weeks back, and had put up Armco barriers all the way around, the course, which made it super scary if you ever got within two feet of the edge of the road. Anyway, here are some pics from my recent outings.





We don't start racing till 7:15, so you can see its getting dark by the time you finish the race.

On more positive news I beat my first member of the British Cycling National Team last week. I know pretty impressive, a former U23 National Time Trial Champion vs. Bob. Yeah not that impressive, it was a girl. Emma Trott raced with us last week, and pretty sure she was just on a easy training ride, while my eyes were about to pop out of my head. At one point I think I saw her doing Sudoku on her handlebars while we were racing.

Also in Richmond Park, where the deer and other creatures run wild, I saw one of the rarest of animals. I was out super early on Sunday trying to get home at a decent time when what did I see, standing on the side of the road? A wild BIG MAGGY!! I didn't want to stop and take a picture, a wild animal like that, you just never know how they are going to react.

Magnus Backstedt is commentating the Tour for the Eurosport, and is obviously in London for the duration. Maybe I will run into him again, and see if I can get a pic or something.






No comments:

Post a Comment