Friday, July 29, 2011

Quiet Time

Alot of early morning bike rides since I have been here. Since the Sun comes up at like 4 and I don't 'have' to be to work till 9:30, I find that it works out good to squeeze in a ride if it looks like its going to be a long day.



Anyway, London is amazingly quiet early in the morning, especially on the weekends. I guess everyone is sleeping of their hangovers and such, there just isn't around. Not sure if its more quiet than Tulsa but the difference from busy to not busy is much more extreme. Its nice to be alone with my thoughts, and actually get a chance to look around and enjoy the sights of London rather than dodging traffic and pedestrians. The only drawback I have found is that I get some really weird songs in my head and just can seem to shake them out. Been stuck on Gaga's you and I for like a week.



This morning I went through Hyde Park past Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey Horseguards, Trafalgar Square and Buckingham Palace all in the span of 15 minutes or so. Would take hours in a car by midday.




Hyde Park literally just me and some birds,

and Buckingham Palace, just me and a random guy and some guards with sub machine guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment