Thursday, July 7, 2011

Independence Day

So it was a little weird celebrating our freedom from Britain in Britain, but we still had a good day.  I was sad there weren't any fireworks, but I guess we got them in November for Guy Fawkes Day.

We celebrated a day in early at an American get together in Portman Square. There were lots of Americans, food and music.

We started off with some BBQ. Bob had ribs and I had a pulled pork sandwich. They were good, but still not as good as BBQ in America.

After his ribs, Bob needed a nap.
View while we were laying on our blanket, listening to music.
Portman Square
Dessert!
We got Fluffer Nutter and Cookies and Cream
Whoopie Pies might be a my new obsession. I ordered a book and pan so I can make my own. They are cross between a cookie and a cake.  They are better than a cupcake because the frosting is smushed between the two halves instead of just on the top. Bob likes them too. Come visit and I will make you some.
Then some popcorn to finish off the day.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you ordered a book and pan...do you need a special one to make those? They look fabulous btw! I'm glad you at least got to celebrate even if there weren't any fireworks! haha!

    ReplyDelete