Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Delayed!!

I am writing this from the train, literally parked 500 yards outside of Paddington Station. Apparently, someone was hit by a train this afternoon and it has caused sever delays. So I say this not upset at the person who got hit, but more inquisitive about the chain of events that happened afterwards. Let me elaborate on my situation.

1. Stopped on the tracks 500 yards from my destination, for 45 minutes now
2. Within 2 miles of my flat, could have walked home by now
3. Getting passed left and right by tube trains and 'slow' trains

Very confused as to why we can't go on another track or divert somewhere else. Its pretty frustrating paying extra and waiting for the fast train, just to watch the train you avoided because it was slow, pass you by. Kinda the tortoise and the hare I guess.

Because of the delay the people working the snack bar had to get off early and head back the other direction. I am so hungry I am about to start chewing on my shoe. Ahhhh, public transit, gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment