Friday, March 11, 2011

Perspective

Funny how your perspective on things can get so skewed so fast.....I have essentially been living in my own world since the beginning of January, just eat, work, sleep, and then for a bit on the weekend sneak out for a bike ride or some sightseeing with the Mrs. The only time I really experience the outside world is when I am lucky enough to get a seat on the subway and have 20 minutes to read the paper on the ride home. Most of the time though I don't make it past the stories about the Olympics or the latest squatters taking over a million $ house somewhere here in London. Today however I was finally able to step out of my world and realize just how strange things have been.
I apparently missed any and all indications of the earth quake and tsunami until the day was almost over. I would still be walking around clueless except for the TV in the reception area at work. Now I am really wondering what else has happened that I have missed lately. But more humorously I found out today that 'ClearPill' is a joke. I don't know if everyone is up to date on this but apparently its a spoof that is a part of Bradley Cooper's new movie. Well I completely missed it. There have been advertisements on the Tube for at least a month now, touting great benefits like 'use 100% of your brain' etc. I admit I was interested, at least enough to read further into what I thought was a legitimate advertisement. I got really confused when I read the side effects, see below...... (click to enlarge)

I couldn't figure out why anyone would risk the side effects and how the hell it got through FDA, but I just let it go. Low and behold I do some checking on the Internet and to my surprise its all a joke. Again wondering what else I have missed.


Good news is that I am back on the outside looking in, or maybe its the other way around, but either way things are back in perspective...........


Had a Chai Latte today for the first time ever, kinda like Christmas in a cup. I don't think its something you could have often, but once in awhile its gonna be a tasty treat.

Got some pics from last weeks race too....................

Early on everything together

Full gas.......this guy didn't stand a chance

Long lonely rode



Lots of pain, I didn't stand a chance



No comments:

Post a Comment