Friday, November 26, 2010

Food, Wine and Dogs

This one tried to hide from the camera.

He looks like my friend Eddie's dog, Ralphie.

Three of my favorite things all in one weekend. We live really close to two convention centers so it was The Food and WIne Show on Saturday and Dog Extravaganza on Sunday. The Food and Wine show was way to crowded, but we ate and drank our way around. For those of you who have never been to a wine show apparently you just get a wine glass and go around and sample different wines. Bob and I just wanted to get our money's worth buy drinking the cost of our ticket in wine samples, but people actually interested in the wine prevented us from accomplishing our goal. Oh well. I did get a few bottles of wine before we left.

On Sunday, we went to Discover Dogs. They have different breeds on display and you can ACTUALLY pet them. Bob and I were in heavn. They also had booths will all kinds of toys and stuff for dogs. We got the pups lots of Christmas Presents. When we got to the Cardigan Welsh Corgi booth, they had two corgis' that looked like Turbo and Hampton. They even got into a fight over a ball while we were just like our girls. We also met members of The Cardigan Welsh Corgi Association, they were so excited to meet other people with Cardigan’s. Apparently they are rare in England. The club only knew of 8 cardigan owners in central London. They want us to bring Turbo and Hampton to the show next year. I have a feeling they may change their minds once they meet Turbo. Good thing I picked up a brochure from Bark Busters while I was there.

Is that Hampton? Nope it is just her twin at the Dog Show.


Bloodhound - That face is so sad. I can't handle it.

So happy. I love those teeth.

Isn't he cute.

Mastiff - I love those wrinkles

No comments:

Post a Comment