Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Diversity


Seems like almost everyone in London is caught up in Euro fever.  The European Football (soccer) Championships are underway in Poland and Ukraine.  We weren't here for the World Cup so can't really compare to it but think that it might be more popular with the fans.  Because European countries are participating and the games are only a short flight away, you could understand that its a bigger deal.

But the tournament isn't really my point here, but leads into it.  I was watching Greece play, and was blown away by the names of the players.  I guess living in London, a super diverse city, and coming from the U.S., which in itself is a melting pot I have always been surrounded by a wide range of nationalities.  Purely based on names alone the entire team are long time native Greecens.  Every first and last name but 1 ends in s.


Since I started thinking about I checked out some of the other teams too.  Check out all the 'ski's from Poland.

No comments:

Post a Comment