Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

We are bit behind, just back in the land of internet, but will catch up in a couple days.
After working for the first thanksgiving in my life last year, I was determined not to do it again, and had scheduled vacation in January this year to make sure I had the time off.  With that said during that entire time I hadn’t made any plans, other than eating mass quantities of turkey.  Well Kristen had other plans, and after stumbling on a great deal on British Airways we were off to Rome. 
Hampton celebrated the Holiday early with a big Turkey bone, and then went to play with her friends.


I am fully convinced that British Airways is the best airline in the world.  A two hour flight with sandwiches and free drinks.  With that said when the whisky bottle is nearly the same size as the can of coke its makes it more than a bit strong.  Anyway we flew from London in the afternoon so didn’t see much on the first day.  These pics are of the Alps and ocean on the flight in. 

I guess I probably got what I deserved for ordering the ‘hamburger’ from an Italian restaurant in Italy.  Two hamburger patties and some French fries, an epic failure compared to my planned domination of a turkey.  I guess it will have to wait till Christmas to get go into a tryptophan coma. 
Early to bed,  so we can rise early for a BIG day of some BIG sights.

No comments:

Post a Comment