Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Science Museum

Flash back to the summer..............

In an effort to show the Wier's the biggest and best, (and least boring) London has to offer we visited the Science Museum. Kristen and I had gone once before and only got through 1 of 6 floors, and this was finally my chance to get back. For a girl with a degree in biology and who teaches science it was really surprising how much she wasn't interested in going back. Anyway we were going and I was excited.

Started the day at Cafe Continente, outstanding as always, and the full english breakfast never disappoints. From there a quick tube ride and a little walk and we made it there just after it opened. Good thing too, as it got super full of kids and I thought Jeremy's eye might pop straight out of his head in anger a couple of times. Turned out that they had stuffed the really cool stuff on the first floor and the other floors didn't really have alot to write home about. Good thing though because I think we spent about an hour and a half just trying to get through it.

I love when the put big things in museums...planes and cars and dinasours, its all good.





I never really got the feeling I was learning much more like just looking at cool stuff, and walking briskly past all the boring things.
They had a hands on area where you got to play with things. I tried to break the world record for stacking blocks up and hanging them out in mid air. Didn't quite make it to the world record mark, but it did say I was AMAZING. I showed Kristen, she wasn't impressed and said I was amazing for an eight year old. That hurt!!
My favorite part was Mika Hakkinen's wrecked McLaren.










We posed for a thermal camera, I guess I kinda ruined that picture.





This is kristen made of dots. We never figured out what the point of the exhibit or whatever it was, but still kinda cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment