Saturday, November 19, 2011

Grease

I must have been drunk or something when I let Kristen go to the ticket window without me, or maybe this was payback for getting to see stomp, not quite sure which, but the end result was two tickets to Grease.











Kristen must have known it was gonna be a rough one for me so she bribed me with a big bag of candy to distract me during the show. Seems like I am a six year old doesn't it? Anyway we arrived and plopped down in our seats kinda early, only to watch the theater fill up, with what seemed to be middle aged American women. Looking back I should have expected nothing less, but at the time was a bit perplexed. I would later become a bit disgusted.


I would say the show was just all right. Sad to say I knew all the songs which was kinda nice, but so did all he middle aged women, which wasn't so nice. They had paid their money and they were gonna sing it no matter what anyone else had to say about it. This wore on me a bit, but nothing like what was to come. Intermission came around and Kristen got her ice cream, because well Kristen gets ice cream, I ate the rest of my bag of candy, because well I eat candy, and the middle aged women got drinks lots and lots of drinks.



The best and at the same time worst part of t show had to be the American accents these actors were using. A mix between John Travolta's Danny Zuko, and a drunken Kentucky hillbilly. Hilarious!!



At the end of the show they did 10 minute or so medley of all the songs and dances and well this brought the (by now drunk) middle aged women to their feet, and they proceeded to sing and dance like they were on stage... and I don't mean the stage t the theater. Far too much wine and far too little support from their undergarments. I had to get out of there as quick as possible, but not before that damn Greased Lightning song got burned into my head, and worse the middle aged women doing pelvic thrusts to the pussy wagon part. Ggghhhh, still makes me cringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment