Thursday, October 13, 2011

BlackBerry

I am constantly reminded just how small the world is and how interconnected it all is. This blackberry mess this week only confirms it, but the chain of events is pretty funny.


This whole time I just thought my phone was a turd, and never knew about the issues at RIM. I got an email from IT support in the US last night which was the first time I heard about it.
It is really ironic....I have been taking a train through Slough (where RIM's data center is, that started the whole mess) twice a day all week. Passing right by the root of the problem, but it took an email from the other side of the world to tell me about it. Go figure!!


Two other interesting ones lately....when I started work the person teaching my training in Chicago, was a guy from Seattle. He moved around some and we kinda lost touch, but turned our he was working for te Firm in Warsaw. I showed up at his apartment unannounced when we were visiting Nicole, I really thought his brain was going to explode when he saw me. Couldn't figure out how or why I was standing in his kitchen.




Then just last week, a girl from Houston who was at the very same training 8 years ago sends me an email and is living literally 3 blocks from us here in London.


Its a small SMALL world!

No comments:

Post a Comment