Sunday, August 12, 2012

And done...


The Olympics are essentially over now, and have to say it wasn't what I expected.  There was so much build up and talk of the disruption it was going to cause, and in the end I think people would tell you that they didn't really notice it at all.  Yeah there were lots of flags all over, and some of the roads were closed but other than that there wasn't much to it.  I am a bit sad to say that the best part might have been that we could wear jeans to the office for the last two weeks.

I think that Coca-Cola rented out the entire Holiday Inn near the flat, and I kept confusing the coke people for the Swiss or China athletes.  One more than one occasion people caught me trying to take pictures, and looked at me really confused.

My Olympics experience ended on Tuesday with the semi-final soccer game at Wembley.  It was Mexico vs. Japan, so pretty sure 90% of the crowd was indifferent about the team that won.  It turned out a good game, but the best part was the Mexico fans.  Not really sure if any of them were actually Mexican, but they took the opportunity to dress-up in ridiculous outfits.


Wembley was pretty impressive, less impressive was the transportation away from the stadium.  I guess in reality they moved 80 thousand people out pretty quickly, but I am so used to waking to the car and then leaving, that the standing in line to catch the tube home was a bit of a pain.





Thats ALOT of people headed to the tube


No comments:

Post a Comment