Friday, July 27, 2012

Center of the World

The opening ceremony is about to start and it feels weird knowing that the whole world is watching.  The Olympic park is only about 12 miles from here.  Hundreds of millions of people watching something that close.......wow.

I rode my bike on both the road race and time trial course tonight.  Tons of new asphalt, and miles of barriers already lined the road for tomorrow morning.  250km is going to be a long day in the saddle for everyone.  Can't wait!!  I will let you know where I am at in case anyone can catch a glimpse of me screaming like a crazy person.

Press area for the time trial

Directions for the men's and women's time trail course

Ok the opening ceremony has started and its pretty amazing.  Set your dvr, you might want to watch it more than once.  Oh and spoiler alert.....the stars of the show......corgis!!

No comments:

Post a Comment