Thursday, July 12, 2012

The aftermath!!!

So didn't quite tell the WHOLE story from the Energy Challenge.  It turned out that despite what I thought was a difficult yet successful event I had been injured and didn't even know it.  All the running and cycling and anything else that I may have done could never prepare me for this!!!

I blame it on the mud and muck, but there are other stories involving the post event party that certain members  of the team think are more likely to be to blame.  I guess we will never know!!

I woke up Sunday morning barely able to open my right eye.  I say barely because by Monday, I couldn't open it at all.  Turned out that I had scratched my cornea and was am now more suited to be a pirate rather than anything else.

You don't realise just how important both eyes are to depth perception, until you can't use both of them.  I was running into things all day long.  Because I couldn't see out of my right eye I couldn't put my left contact in, and had to resort to glasses.  Pretty much the most ridiculous thing ever wearing glasses over an eye-patch.

Don't worry everything is fine now.

Seriously though if you ever thought about contributing to our fundraising team, now is the time.  My right eye proves I earned it.   My fundraising page

Our team page

No comments:

Post a Comment