Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tea Time

Another Groupon, one of the best days ever. We got 'high tea' and massages. I was initially more excited about the massage but looking back the tea took the cake, or cupcake as the case may be. Started us off with a Bellini and things spiralled out of control from there.

One look at the menu and I was super excited...


A selection of finger sandwiches, I would just rate as 'ok', and then fancy teas to choose from. I got the house special which was pretty good, but Kristen went for something exotic that ended up tasting like meat. Score one for me. Learned my lesson about the difference between tea bags and loose tea though.




Then came the sweets..and I was in heaven or a diabetic coma, not sure which.


Chocolate chip scones with clotted cream, jam, and chocolate sauce. Four different cupcakes, with a secret filling inside. (Kristen thought they were too sweet I said there is no such thing.). And the pièce de résistance......chocolate tennis court with various other tennis themed treats.


Kristen could barely make a dent in the top floor of our triple decker, but I did my best to let the chef know I appreciated all his hard work. I am sad to say that I couldn't take down the whole thing, but wasn't for a lack of trying, we had to get to the spa for our appointment.


Now I am not much of a massage type of guy, probably more due to the $$ than anything else, but it is definitely something that I could get used to. After our hot stone massage we got unexpected facials (more on that later) and to my surprise I proved that you could indeed fall asleep while someone was rubbing your face. Kristen says I was snoring, I contend that I was doing zen breathing exercises. Anyway, since the package that we had bought was supposed to be a massage and pedicure, and they gave us a facial instead we ended up getting coupons for free massages. Talk about service!! So stay tuned for Bob vs. The tower of sweets part 2, I promise I won't let you down again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment