Sunday, September 11, 2011

New Job

I guess its more accurate to say new client, but there is so much that's different that it might as well be an entirely new job.

Clearly the biggest difference is location. Not the expansive soul crushing business park, or the tourist capital of the world home office. This is real business!! Canary Wharf is just amazing. Not too many years ago was just what is called, a wharf. Now its towering new skyscrapers and all the shops and dining to keep the businessmen happy. I am a bit weary of the fact that it seems everything is literally built on pylons in the water, but I will put my trust in the engineers that figure all that stuff out.
Its a bit of a trek for sure, and just about the only way to get there is to take the Jubilee line. Its pretty funny in the mornings, the tube is just packed with businessmen in suits and ties each stop more and more cram into the cars. Then the doors open at Canary Wharf and its like someone turned the lights on the roaches. Everyone scatters some obviously late others clearly dreading their days, and taking their sweet time to get where they are going. I guess this is what I really expected in London, its just taken a bit to find it.



View from Cabot Square, right next to the building I work in.

Heading home.....into Canary Wharf station

No comments:

Post a Comment