Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Missing out


No question that we have been missing things since we have been in London, holidays, birthdays, etc. but I really haven't felt like there was anything that I was really sad about not getting to experince. I am sure that snowpocalypse, and the great heat wave of 2011 were fun, but I really don't think that I would say that I 'missed' them. But yesterday, and I guess in reality for the last 4 months or so I have really missed Cowboy football. I have done my best to catch games live and on TV whenever possible, but not being in and around Stillwater/Tulsa during the time I have just missed out. I can't imagine how much fun the kids on campus are having right now. So proud of the team.
I imagine my entire wardrobe would be orange if I were living in Tulsa right now. I get enough weird looks wearing orange on Fridays as it is now.

I remember back to my first OSU experinces, in the Simmons era. We were so bad, and it was so hard to be a fan. OSU was a basketball school then. Amazing what some great coaching and $$ can do. (lots of $$) Can't wait to see what the future holds. I know everyone is thinking that this year was once in a lifetime, but if you think back to some of the quarterback/receiver combinations of the past few years (Fields/Woods, Robinson/Bryant) we would have never thought that it would get better, and they were all surpassed this year. Clearly the system works should continue to work.

So to all of you that were there in person, and watching on TV (yeah I fell asleep trying to stay awake till the game came on, damn jet-lag) consider yourselves lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment